The New Business Manager is responsible for managing the agency new business activities in support of the company’s sales goals and revenue objectives. The manager interfaces with various centers of excellence to gather the resources necessary including creative, media, public relations, interactive/digital, and traffic/production.
The New Business Manager will generate proposals for new business opportunities as well as specific, formal responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs. They will regularly write compelling content that communicates the company’s brand message effectively.
A successful New Business Manager is an exceptional writer with excellent communication and organizational skills. S/he is highly energetic yet maintains a calm demeanor under pressure in order to instill confidence in the team that the deadlines are going to be met. S/he is active in appropriate industry organizations, networking groups and is active on social media as an important face of the company.
• Processes and qualifies new business leads that come in via website inquiries, sales
leads and networking.
• Maintains the agency pipeline to provide maximum visibility of potential opportunities to
• Oversees and supervises the agency CRM system to monitor the status potential leads,
proposals and clients.
• Orchestrates the development of proposals, RFP responses and new business
presentations, coordinating with appropriate team members as needed.
• Collaborates with agency leadership and stakeholders to plan project and account scope
• Liaises with and supports the organization sales and business development teams.
• Manages the completion of complex RFPs (writing content, managing the process,
working across the organization to assimilate information, and adhering to tight
• Ensures that all RFPs, proposals and presentations are in keeping with the company
brand, positions the company in the best possible light and is free from errors.
• Schedules and coordinates resources for new business meetings and maintains a
• Writes case studies to be used in marketing and business development.
• Maintains collection of case studies to be used in new business opportunities so that they
are organized and easily accessible.
• Communicates effectively in person, via email, and via the telephone with both the
prospective client and the agency’s creative team on specific projects.
• Identifies and monitors company’s top competitors in each center of excellence, and
defines the company’s advantages and key differentiators over the competitors.
• Submit FOIA requests, when applicable, to monitor competitor bids and proposals.
• Minimum 4 year college degree in marketing, advertising or related field
• 3-5 years account management or sales experience, preferably in an agency
• Excellent writing and communication skills; writing samples required
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop, preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint
• Candidate must work well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment; have strong
organizational and problem solving skills; must have very good attention to detail; and
must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Base Salary + Bonuses