The Public Relations Manager, located in our Nashville office, is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The Public Relations Manager interfaces with various agency departments to create, edit, deliver and move PR projects that integrate with marketing programs or stand alone on behalf of the client including initiatives around special events, media relations, social media, corporate communications or public affairs/community relations.
The Public Relations Manager has major input in developing strategic marketing PR plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Public Relations Manager is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis, and tracking for return on investment in conjunction with the PR Account Coordinator (who holds ultimate accountability for the PR Clip Report).
A successful Public Relations Manager will demonstrate expertise on client’s business, products, customers, competition, business problems and opportunities; and the ability to use that information to meet or exceed client needs.
- Takes proactive ownership of client work and manages work autonomously
- Always positions self as the owner of the client’s reputation. Capable of thinking through reputation issues and opportunities as decisions are being made on behalf of the client’s business.
- Facilitates communication between client and agency team
- Manages client expectations of timelines and budgets
- Organizes and leads both client and internal meetings
- Develops media alerts, pitches, white papers for special events, press releases, social media campaigns, internal communication initiatives, and more while simultaneously overseeing the development, execution and follow-up for the work
- Evaluates creative as it visually communicates a PR program and provides feedback for revisions as needed
- Leads the development of the client’s PR plan
- Prepares and stewards job orders and timelines
- Secures approval of production estimates and oversee production budgets
- Takes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of all client work
- Ensure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of supervisor to potential problems before they occur
- Maintain complete and accurate digital and hard copy files on all client jobs (including documentation of approvals), PR plans and client correspondence
- Proofread copy, artwork, agency and printers’ proofs
- Collaborates with supervisor to develop/execute research initiatives
- Writes contact reports and other client communications
- Maintains weekly status reports and runs client status meetings
- Responsible for accurate estimates and billing
- Minimum 4 year college degree in public relations, English, marketing, advertising or related field
- 3 years account management experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft Office software
- Working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) standards
- Expert relationship building skills
- Candidate must work well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment; have strong organizational and problem solving skills; must have very good attention to detail; and must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- 8am – 6pm office hours
Competitive Salary plus Bonus
$75 per Month Cell Phone Reimbursement
This job description does not, nor is it intended to, represent an exhaustive listing of all duties, tasks or responsibilities for the position listed.