The Public Relations Coordinator, located in our Nashville office, is responsible for coordinating and facilitating client work flow by providing administrative, budgetary and work flow support to meet client needs, include responding to client phone calls, emails, Facebook or other social media tool messages, list building services for managing on-and-offline journalists and reporters, managing production and creative deadlines related to special events; and monitoring and maintaining PR, media, and social media placements to ensure continued progress of client work.
A successful PR Coordinator will demonstrate a desire to learn everything about the agency’s business, the ability to manage several projects at once, the ability to anticipate and rapidly respond to the needs of the client and the account team and display a positive, team-oriented attitude.
As directed by the supervisor, a Public Relations Coordinator will:
- Facilitate communication between client and agency team
- Communicate accurately about timelines, reporter deadlines, and budgets
- Prepare clip reports, monitoring online and offline coverage
- Obtain approvals from clients when needed to purchase television, radio or print clips
- Prepare special event production estimates and obtain client approvals
- Ensure all reporter deadlines are met, drawing attention of supervisor to potential problems before they occur
- Maintain complete and accurate digital and hard copy files on all media lists, pitch documents, press releases, and outreach (including documentation of approvals), marketing and media plans and client correspondence.
- Proofread copy, agency and printers’ proofs as requested (for things such as media news rooms on websites or special events for clients)
- Organize and prepare for both client and internal meetings
- Write contact reports and other client communications
- Maintain weekly status reports
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, English, advertising, or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft Office software
- Expert relationship building skills
- Working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing standards
- Candidate must work well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment; have strong organizational and problem solving skills; must have very good attention to detail; and must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Competitive Salary plus Bonus
This job description does not, nor is it intended to, represent an exhaustive listing of all duties, tasks or responsibilities for the position listed.