This is a contract role.
Phase 3 Marketing and Communications is seeking a qualified Senior Production Designer for a temporary contract through the end of March 2018. Candidates must be organized, meticulous and experienced designer to assist our creative team. The Senior Production Designer will report to the Art Director and focus on the production of client deliverables. Knowledge of graphic production applications, problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and working with tight deadlines is a must for this role. They will be primarily responsible for tasks such as building and maintaining production-ready/client-ready files for all print and electronic collateral. He or she will also be responsible for getting clean and correct files out the door on time, all the time. While this position includes some design duties, the successful candidate will ultimately be responsible for production.
- Build, maintain, and release digital files for pre-press or other production hand-off from design team.
- Track, archive, and oversee all incoming files and communicate any needs to account team.
- Maintain all history of layout revisions and communicate all missing items to account team.
- Stay keenly aware of production deadlines and manage time accordingly.
- Work closely with design team to implement changes in a timely manner.
- Serve as primary liaison to print center on file hand-offs. Manage deadlines and deliverables.
- Maintain well organized files on server.
- Assist team with asset release to various publications and maintain consistent naming convention for assets.
- Maintain knowledge of current design software and hardware.
- Manage all production aspects of all jobs handed off from art directors/designers.
- Manage the organization of final high-res production files.
- Maintain and improve agency file-management process and procedures.
- Work with team to ensure files are always posted properly and on time.
- Proof and perform quality control on your own and other’s work in detail: check layout specs, including bleed, trim, resolution, color space, and file management.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, track details of multiple projects, and interact with people at all levels internally and with vendors.
This job description does not, nor is it intended to, represent an exhaustive listing of all duties, tasks or responsibilities for the position listed
- 5+ years experience as a production designer in Creative Services, Marketing Communications or Agency industries.
- Must possess extremely meticulous attention to detail and have an uncanny gift for catching any and all mistakes while preparing files for print.
- Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment and keep your cool while juggling multiple projects.
- Advanced/Expert Macintosh computer skills with the following programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Quark Xpress, Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to follow direction and handle corrections quickly and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional technical-production skills.
- Knowledge of correct typography using kerning, tracking and special characters.
- Must be organized and experienced in working within a shared server/network environment.